Patches for GTA01 on Andy-tracking

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Sun Mar 22 20:29:54 CET 2009

Nelson Castillo wrote:
> StGit is used to prepare patches. After that they just go to Git...

It seems that Andy used StGit plus a collection of scripts that used
either StGit or "vanilla" git to accomplish many of the maintenance
tasks.

This maintenance system caused some unusual effects, like merges with
a single parent.

I may well misunderstand some things there. Since I've used git only
for relatively simple tasks so far, I asked some people who are more
familiar with it, and they found our setup unusual.