Kernel git repository branch name understanding-- Help!

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Mon Mar 30 20:57:39 CEST 2009

Daniel.Li wrote:
> Or maybe I have missed something, which is discussed earlier, if so, a
> link is really appreciated.

Perhaps these two postings may be useful:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-March/009638.html
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/openmoko-kernel/2009-March/009644.html

For now, andy-tracking is still the place to be. After the update
from upstream, the party will move to a new branch that will be
called simply "openmoko", which will then be maintained by Nelson.
The idea is that "openmoko" will track upstream closely.

"openmoko" can also be the basis for "stable" branches (much like
there are stable branches off Linus' kernel) or branches for other
purposes.

I would consider all the other branches as obsolete, with the
possible exception of drm-tracking, but I this one is a separate
effort anyway.