AR6000 netif_queue_stop non stop, Bug?

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 31 03:39:19 CEST 2009

Ivan Petrov wrote:
> Internal card queue limits, called in driver as 'credits', and if we not
> have hight priority stream packets, credits can be given to stream with
> low priority (i.e. some QoS).

In my opinion, this is in fact something the AR6k shouldn't do - at
least not on Linux.

We have a perfectly good (and *much* more versatile) traffic control
architecture in the kernel. Having flow-controlled priority queues
in the AR6k as well thus adds little value and - if it was actually
used - would in fact interfere with the kernel traffic control.