Wifi status?

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:52:49 CEST 2009

2009/5/19 Nelson Castillo <arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net>:
>>> Last time I checked, wifi was a little flaky in GTA02. Werner was working on
>>> it, trying to find the root cause for instability and difficulty with
>>> connection.
>>> But there were also problems with WPA, I think.
[...]
> Feedback on this ticket is welcome.
>
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2277

Hi Nelson, I already reported my test cases on trac concerning the kernel.
About the udev problem it seems as the interface is already up so the
ifup phase is skipped, I do not know if the driver should not up the
interface when powered at kernel level or if udev scripts should be
changed. Howewer the problem affects bluetooth networking too (bnep0).
I reported this problem on om development list, on oe development list
and on the shr trac, and in addition I annoted that the wpa-roam
configuration is broken (while on OM wiki is sayed it works) but it
seems that peoples does not care a lot about it and use only simple
authentication, customized script and so on...
As the problems involves different boards/peoples it may be nice if
you or other OM people may take care of this and coordinate a
kernel/userspace fix.
About connman as it's the upper layer of the entire stack I delayed
the request for enterprise support implementation.

Regards

    Nicola