Wifi status?

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Wed May 20 09:25:25 CEST 2009

2009/5/20 Stefan Monnier <monnier at iro.umontreal.ca>:
>> In my experience latest kernels have problems, I hope these will be
>> fixed as planned for the stable kernel release.
>> About WPA I use wpa2/enterprise network at university without problem.
>> I think the big issue is that connman,wifi radar/mofi and all other
>> tools does not support advanced wpa modes and that the
>> /etc/network/interfaces approach is broken/incomplete (no udev ifup
>> trigger and no wpa roaming).
>
> Don't know about other distributions, but under Debian, using the
> linux-image-2.6.28-gta02 image, my wifi works just fine, with the
> following setup in /etc/network/interfaces:
[...]
I guess debian is the upstream for network scripts in OE based
distributions so it's complete and working, while the kernel 2.6.28
seems to be more stable about wifi.
I'm not using 2.6.28 as in my latest check bluetooth does not work
after suspend/resume and I'm not sure if some recent kernel changes
may break new fso or other applications.

Regards

    Nicola