Some ussue on GTA02

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net
Mon May 25 20:17:05 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Michael Trimarchi
<trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I test the latest kernel image and I have truble with the backlight. Is
> there any pending
> work on then?
> I take a look at the accelometer code and I saw that It uses bitbang on gpio
> and then
> use spi code in interrupt context with interrupt disabled, but is it ok to
> disable interruput
> for message transaction? Whay the spi code must be in the interrupt code?

bitbang in interrupt context... Yes.

I read about this sometime ago and there were 2 issues with deferring
the operations.

The first one was overhead, and the second one were lost samples.
You'll find some interesting threads about this in the archives.