drivers/w1/slaves/w1_bq27000.c

Mike Westerhof mwester at dls.net
Mon Nov 2 14:11:24 CET 2009

Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> Michael Trimarchi wrote:

>> One wire is similar, but different from hdq, so one would at least
>> need an hdq gpio driver.
>>

>>> But is ok to try to use some that does't use FIQ, so somenthing
>>> like a gpio bitbang master?
>>>
> Sure. I would be happy if we could do it without using FIQ.

I expect everyone would - so it worries me a bit that the original
implementation was not done with simple gpio bitbanging.  It might not
be a bad idea to ping Andy to understand why he didn't choose the
one-wire.  Perhaps the timing still requires the FIQ anyway, or perhaps
there's some other limitation of which we are unaware.
-Mike (mwester)