Great news: CPU ID of S3C2442B now upstreams

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net
Thu Nov 5 07:19:06 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik
<sveinung84 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> The patch that adds the CPU ID of S3C2442B, needed to boot the
> Freerunner, just landed in 2.6.32[1]. Have anyone tested if mainline
> Linux now boots on a Freerunner without any extra patches? The audio
> driver for the Freerunner got merged[2] during 2.6.32's merge window.

I just tested. It boots with this config:

https://people.openmoko.org/arhuaco/kernel/tmp/dot-config.txt

I could log in via serial console (debug board) and also using ssh.

root at om-gta02 ~ $ uname -a
Linux om-gta02 2.6.32-GTA02_test-boot-nov-4-mokodev #14 PREEMPT Thu
Nov 5 00:37:20 COT 2009 armv4tl unknown

> Has support for other components been added to mainline since the
> summary at [3] was written?

There are a few pending patches by Lars and he might send them upstream.