[WSOD] not an X11 bug

sk sk at kvamme.se
Fri Nov 6 21:21:04 CET 2009

-Hello

Tired of the WSOD I thought I should try to fix it.

So I killed the X server and left the phone for a few hours. The console
was blanked out when I came back. Pushing the power-on button the WSOD was
there staring right into my face. I would like to turn of Console Screen
Blanking. Anyone know a good way to do this? Alternatively disable the
splash screen which I suspect is the root of evil.

Thanks,
Sten

PS tried  sh -c 'setterm -blank 0 -powersave off -powerdown 0 <
/dev/console > /dev/console 2>&1'
Didn't do it.