[WSOD] not an X11 bug

sk sk at kvamme.se
Sun Nov 8 19:43:06 CET 2009

Den 2009-11-06 21:21:04 skrev sk <sk at kvamme.se>:

> -Hello
>
> Tired of the WSOD I thought I should try to fix it.
>
> So I killed the X server and left the phone for a few hours. The console
> was blanked out when I came back. Pushing the power-on button the WSOD
> was there staring right into my face. I would like to turn of Console
> Screen Blanking. Anyone know a good way to do this? Alternatively
> disable the splash screen which I suspect is the root of evil.

Changed /etc/X11/xorg.conf

In the "ServerLayout" section I added the following:

Option "BlankTime" "0"
Option "StandbyTime" "0"
Option "SuspendTime" "0"
Option "OffTime" "1"

OffTime 1 minute makes the screen go black after a minute of inactivity.
In my application I tickle the screen once every 10 minutes with the
following lines:

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank
echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

This works ok, but I don't know why. I don't get WSOD anymore and that's
the most important thing. If someone have a clue I'd be happy to know.

/S