Missing CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PCF50633 Kconfig entry

Marc Andre Tanner openmoko at brain-dump.org
Tue Nov 10 02:06:32 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 01:42:43AM +0100, Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> > Hi Lars,
> >
> > I am testing the om-gta02-2.6.31 kernel branch -- nice work!
> >
> > I noticed that CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PCF50633 is not referenced in any
> Kconfig file
> > but used in a Makefile.
> >
> > $ grep -r CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PCF50633 *
> > arch/arm/configs/gta02_defconfig:CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PCF50633=y
> > drivers/video/backlight/Makefile:obj-$(CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PCF50633)
> += pcf50633-backlight.o
> >
> > This causes some problems for example if one wants to generate a
> miniconfig file
> > which contains only the minimal required options for use with:
> >
> >  make allnoconfig KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG="miniconfig"
> >
> > The script which generates those miniconfig files uses the standard
> build infrastructure
> > and it's dependency information from the various Kconfig files but
> because there is no
> > entry found the option is dropped which results in a build failure.
> >
> > Could you please add an entry or a select statement for
> CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PCF50633 to
> > the apropriate Kconfig file?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marc
> >
> Hi Marc
>
> Thanks for your feedback, should be fixed now.

Thanks, as far as I can see you fixed the build failure if the backlight
driver isn't compiled in.

However wouldn't a Kconfig entry still be useful so it turns up under
make menuconfig? For my problem with the miniconfig genereation a simple
"select BACKLIGHT_PCF50633" in the appropriate Kconfig file would work.
This would ensure that it's reconiced as a required option and kept in
generated miniconfig file.

Thanks,
Marc

--