Renaming of devices in 2.6.31

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Nov 23 12:48:24 CET 2009

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:

> Did you know that Linus himself has declared that kernel upgrades should
> not break userspace regardless of how twisted, buggy or crappy the
> userspace is?

I think this should imply for mainline kernels.

I spent like 5 hours udating QtMoko distro to these new sysfs paths. I
did it also when switching from 2.6.24->2.6.29 and if this is the last
time i had to do this it's not such problem for me.

Please, let's fix suspend/resume and other problems first and then talk
about sysfs paths.

Regards

Radek