A touchscreen driver has been posted upstreams

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net
Mon Nov 23 21:23:42 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik
<sveinung84 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> An update on the situation for us that are interested in upstreams
> Freerunner support but don't subscribe to all the upstream lists: Ben
> Dooks posted his touchscreen driver for S3C24XX (a different one) at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-samsung-soc@vger.kernel.org/msg00252.html

http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/62199/

The driver was just accepted but it's not in the Linus tree yet.

There is some information we could use but I guess we will have to try
something with tslib before asking them to send all the points to
users-pace instead of averaging them as it is done now.

+	if (ts.count == (1 << ts.shift)) {
+		ts.xp >>= ts.shift;
+		ts.yp >>= ts.shift;

Long discussion here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2009-October/002500.html

Something nice about this new version of the driver (something other
than being a clean driver) is that the original driver authors are
properly credited.