Openmoko's S3C touchscreen driver porting question

Maurus Cuelenaere mcuelenaere at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 01:56:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm working on porting the SmartQ 7 to mainline Linux, and as this
doesn't have any touchscreen drivers for the S3C6410, I tried using
Openmoko's one ([1]).

I got it compiling correctly, but when I press the screen, the driver
seems to endlessly print "stylus_action bug" (line 320 at s3c2410_ts.c).
The endless loop is probably because __kfifo_put() fails and so
S3C2410_ADCTSC doesn't get written.

What I don't understand though is why it fails (it seems to return 0),
any ideas?

[1]:
http://gitorious.org/mcuelenaere-smartq-kernel/mcuelenaere-smartq-kernel/commits/experimental-2.6.31-bd-ts

Thanks,