Openmoko's S3C touchscreen driver porting question

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net
Fri Sep 18 02:18:49 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Maurus Cuelenaere
<mcuelenaere at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on porting the SmartQ 7 to mainline Linux, and as this doesn't
> have any touchscreen drivers for the S3C6410, I tried using Openmoko's one
> ([1]).
>
> I got it compiling correctly, but when I press the screen, the driver seems
> to endlessly print "stylus_action bug" (line 320 at s3c2410_ts.c).
> The endless loop is probably because __kfifo_put() fails and so
> S3C2410_ADCTSC doesn't get written.

#define TS_EVENT_FIFO_SIZE (2 << 6)

Should be enough. Try a different number but I think this should be enough.
Just for a test try (2 << 10).

A) I would also check if the coordinates make sense.
B) I would also check if event_send_timer_f (case 'P') is ever reached.

> What I don't understand though is why it fails (it seems to return 0), any
> ideas?

It should return "sizeof(int) * 3".

Try checking B.

PS: There is a newer version of this driver that uses the s3c-adc API.
Since this is what upstream wants. I guess I should submit the changes
for andy-tracking (or for one of the new branches).
http://nelson-patches.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/openmoko/kernel/ts-with-s3c-adc/