Kernel patches for 2.6.32

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:58:38 CEST 2010

2010/4/8 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>:
> As far as i know 2.6.32 is now missing only support for accelerometers and usb
> host. And there are also some patches to fix things up.

Thanks for the great work!

> * gta02_qtmoko_2.6.32_config

This is something I was missing - a proper configuration to start
2.6.32 experimenting with.

> Is there any interest to clean up the patches and commit them? Anyone wants to
> review them?

Me != kernel developer, but as a sidenote, I'd like to know what's the
health status of git.openmoko.org kernel developers. Are there some
like Lars-Peter and Paul that are active enough that Radek's patches
will get committed, and is git.openmoko.org still a good hosting place
to have the kernel in? Just out of curiosity, if something needs to be
changed at some point or if git.openmoko.org will serve. The openmoko
trac at http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/wiki is still the place that
should be used for asking for git accounts, but I'd also like to hear
if it has worked recently (any admins alive) or are we currently stuck
with the current permission holders.

> Btw what is current plan for 2.6.32? I am considering leaving 2.6.29 now. Is
> it a good idea? What are plans of other distros?

Cannot comment on that other than there is no work yet in the Debian
land for 2.6.32
(http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-fso/linux-2.6-openmoko.git;a=summary). I
think it's generally a very good move, since as not all remember, the
so-called "2.6.29" of ours is actually 2.6.29-rc3 and contains a slew
of bugs... the work so far on 2.6.32 to have more clean patches on top
of vanilla 2.6.32 has been great, and 2.6.32 is also a kernel that
will be supported for years to come because of Red Hat, Canonical
etc., even if we stay with it for a longer time.

2010/4/8 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>:
> You mean these are against Linus's vanilla 2.6.32?
>
> How do these compare against what is in git.openmoko.org?

I believe those are on top of om-gta02-2.6.32 + ar6000-2.6.32 branches
from git.openmoko.org, but correct me if I'm wrong.

-Timo