Kernel patches for 2.6.32

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 15:10:41 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 03:58:38PM +0300, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> > Btw what is current plan for 2.6.32? I am considering leaving 2.6.29 now. Is
> > it a good idea? What are plans of other distros?

SHR-U is also moving to 2.6.32 ASAP, in sync with moving to fsogsmd
(because ie sysfs nodes needs to be updated with kernel update)

> Cannot comment on that other than there is no work yet in the Debian
> land for 2.6.32
> (http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-fso/linux-2.6-openmoko.git;a=summary). I
> think it's generally a very good move, since as not all remember, the
> so-called "2.6.29" of ours is actually 2.6.29-rc3 and contains a slew
> of bugs... the work so far on 2.6.32 to have more clean patches on top
> of vanilla 2.6.32 has been great, and 2.6.32 is also a kernel that
> will be supported for years to come because of Red Hat, Canonical
> etc., even if we stay with it for a longer time.
>
> 2010/4/8 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>:
> > You mean these are against Linus's vanilla 2.6.32?
> >
> > How do these compare against what is in git.openmoko.org?
>
> I believe those are on top of om-gta02-2.6.32 + ar6000-2.6.32 branches
> from git.openmoko.org, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Please consider merging also Thomas White's gdrm-2.6.32 branch
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gdrm-2.6.32

It's used in SHR kernels and after WSOD fix is KMS driver at least as good as
old fb driver was.

defconfig and all patches used in SHR are available
http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/linux/linux-openmoko-2.6.32
(gdrm-2.6.32 branch, stable patch 2.6.32.11, work-around for wm8753
build with gcc-4.4)

Regards,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr