kms reinit...

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Wed Apr 14 23:14:20 CEST 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:42:19 +0200
mobi phil <mobi at mobiphil.com> wrote:

> Thomas... Is there a way to completely free all the GEM's of all
> applications? That is to bring the full queues/vram stuff into
> post-boot state?

The bug where VRAM didn't get released when a client exits has been
fixed for quite a while now, so I'm a bit curious as to why you'd want
to do this.  Quitting/killing all DRM clients (including X) should give
you the "post-boot" state to quite a high accuracy.  It's theoretically
possible for the kernel to force all objects to be deleted of course,
but you can't really just pull the carpet out from underneath the
applications like that.

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>