glamo WSOD in 2.6.32 kernel (WAS Re: Git Repository not Working)

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Fri Jan 1 20:47:08 CET 2010

Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> Martin Jansa wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:20:34PM +0100, Michael Trimarchi
>> wrote:

>>> HOw can I say to shr to use the Thomas White DRM?
>>>

>> If you're building your own image then set preferred provider in
>> conf/maching/om-gta02.conf: # If you want to have KMS enabled in
>> default kernel, uncomment # linux-openmoko-shr-drm-devel
>> #PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr =
>> "linux-openmoko-shr-devel" #PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr
>> = "linux-openmoko-shr-drm-devel"
>> #PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr = "linux-openmoko-2.6.31"
>> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel_shr = "linux-openmoko-2.6.32"
>>
>> If you don't want to build own image/kernel then just wget uImage
>> and modules from
>> http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/kms/images/om-gta02/ or
>>
>> http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/2.6.31/images/om-gta02/
>>  update uImage link and unpack modules to /
>>
>> (2.6.32 isn't built on shr buildhost yet..)
>>
>> And 2.6.31+ isn't fully compatible with frameworkd, few issues
>> can be fixed by switching script here:
>> http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/switch-for-kernel
>>
>> All those kernels are suffering from WSOD during suspend.. at
>> least for me and other SHR devs, thats why they cannot be used by
>> default and even testing is a bit pain without non-stop power
>> supply and suspend disabled.
>>
> I don't find this commit in the new glamo driver. Can be releated
> to the problem?
>
> Fixed the LCM driver state transition delay and pixel clock issue
> Space transition between sleep-in and sleep-out of at least 120 ms
> as mentionned in the spec. Also, made sure the LCM is moved into
> sleep state before the pixel clock is turned off. To do so, I've
> modified glamo-fb to send FB_BLANK_POWERDOWN before turning off the
> pixel clock. Also fixed various violation of coding style. This
> patch should reduce the risk of white screen. Signed-off-by:
> Nicolas Dufresne <nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com>
Hi

Well, it could, but I doubt it.
During suspend the LCD is completely turned of and all power supplies
are shut down as well. If there is a WSOD while suspending the device
it's an indicator that suspend failed at some point.

Does the WOSD occur while suspending the device or after resuming it?

Please note that there was a bug related to the touchscreen driver
which caused resume to fail. You'll also have to make sure that
MMC_UNSAFE_RESUME is set to y in your kernel config.

- - Lars