kernel defconfig, CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at freaks-unidos.net
Wed Jan 6 19:53:13 CET 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Gennady Kupava <gb at bsdmn.com> wrote:
> Hi, patryk
>
> В Срд, 06/01/2010 в 16:16 +0100, Patryk Benderz пишет:
>> >
>> Well, if this test was repeated several times with similar results, it
>> might be worth to disable this option IMHO. Only one thing makes me
>> dither. Will this be safe?
>
> I am not 100% sure, as I am not mtd dev, but in other configs have this
> option sometimes disabled. also we have some kind of hw ecc.

I don't know the details but HW ecc is disabled in the FR.

static struct s3c2410_platform_nand gta02_nand_info = {
        .tacls          = 0,
        .twrph0         = 25,
        .twrph1         = 15,
        .nr_sets        = ARRAY_SIZE(gta02_nand_sets),
        .sets           = gta02_nand_sets,
        .software_ecc   = 1,
};

Check drivers/mtd/nand/s3c2410.c if in doubt.