[Qtmoko] qtmoko v28 (was: HZ value change groundings)

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:01:19 CET 2010

2010/10/27 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>:
> I also think 2.6.34 is very usable. If there is problem it's very rare. Andy-
> tracking was probably more stable, but also it's ugly mess without future from
> my POV.

Well, "stable" as in "there were only five more rc releases and six
stable releases released to 2.6.29 after the andy-tracking branched
off at 2.6.29rc3". Openmoko wise yes some parts have seen more
testing, but it wouldn't be surprising if people have been hitting
various issues simply because the andy-tracking was really an early
development snapshot of 2.6.29 kernel.

Anyway, 2.6.34 is so much nearer to upstream (ca. 75 commits on top of
Torvalds' final commit) and actually based on a released kernel - it's
great to see that people are now more or less happily using it already
at this point!

-Timo