2.6.37

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 7 23:50:29 CET 2011

Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:

> I've just pushed the 2.6.37 trees for the GTA02 to the openmoko git kernel
> repo[1].

I have now ported most of 2.6.34 patches from my qtmoko git on to of this. The
repository is here [1].

I dont have problem with keeping patches on top openmoko git, but maybe it
would make sence to cherry-pick some of them from mine git. Here is my list of
patches that are IMO most important:

1/ high power consumption in suspend - without this FR is really not usable as
phone, battery dies very fast:
https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/64929b7ed0f89e94a97f815380faea844d28f6d1

2/ headset jack detection support:
https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/4e6ab66435c6e3679134fdd7c4eeea58f6022f38

3/ fix WS on boot when using qi/uboot with 242 glamo timings (nowadays nearly
everyone uses this faster bootloaders)
https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/5a6bd71ba228b8613137241898038a3c0354327c

4/ delay in ar6000k, without it wlan wont survive suspend/resume. Author is
Gennady not me (forgot --author):
https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commit/4ec5000cd425b60394d433af577e98019b103fa5

Other patches [2] are also important, without them FR is quite useless as
phone, but i think these 4 are the first candidates to look at.

Otherwise I havent tested new kernel very much yet, but it looks quite usable.
Things that i tested and are OK:

- touchscreen, bluetooh, wifi, keys, sound, gsm calls, usb ethernet,
suspend/resume, battery (checked just current_now sysfs node).

Interesting thing about current_now is that i had seen several times after
resume value 5mA. I never seen so small value with previous kernels. Usual
value is 12mA. I wonder if we are eating less power now or displaying wrong
value ;-)

I also had some problems, but after rebuilding from scratch they seems to be
gone. So until now there are no regressions, which is really nice.

Thanks Lars for new kernel and others for help.

Regards

Radek

[1] https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/tree/qtmoko-v32.1
[2] https://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/commits/qtmoko-v32.1