debugging 2.6.39 suspend issue(s) using crashdumps

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Thu Jan 26 10:38:02 CET 2012

Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> writes:
> Nice, that is what I call *real* debugging :) Seems like these steps
> could be used to make general FAQ on how to make debug process in any
> other distro. Couldn't it?

Sure, the distro just has to make the debugging symbols available for
their kernel.

I hope to get my patch to the crash utility upstream soon. The qi patch
probably could use some further development. I'm thinking we could use
mem=100M normally and mem=28M after a crash. This way there would be
more memory available to make it feasible to have the setup configured
for longer periods when we want to catch some rare bug. We could also
use some simple form of compression to reserve even less space for the
crashdump memory.

-Timo