Reducing power consumption in U-Boot

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 20 00:57:45 CET 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 06:29:03PM +0100, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Would adding PWM to U-Boot -- hence being able to set the display
> brightness to 30% or so -- have any positive impact on the "charging loop bug" ?

mh, I tried to avoid putting all that kind of stuff (battery voltage
reading, backlight PWM, etc.) into u-boot, in order to not replicate
the entire operating system there ;)

Anyway, if somebody did a [clean] patch, I'd probably merge it.

As for the 'charging loop bug': I'd rather find the real cause of this
than to somehow work around it.

Werner might just have found one possible cause yesterday, but it's only
a theory so far.

Cheers,