dfu-util on Win32

Xavier Pianet xavier.pianet at lusis.fr
Wed Oct 31 19:33:31 CET 2007

Hi,
To continue on the subject i posted a patch on the pyusb sourceforge
site for the small modifications i made.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1823544&group_id=145185&atid=761065
The diff works for version 0.4.1 or for the latest cvs files.

I can now switch back and forth from runtime to dfu mode.
I can also upload a partition from neo to local file.
download is implemented but not tested yet.

It all fits in 3 files that are still 'work in progress' but maybe it
could be interesting for comments/remarks.
dfu.py -> the core class, collected from dfu.c and putted in a more
pythonic way.
sam7dfu.py -> just extends the DFU class withe do_upload, do_download
methods that works on file instead of raw buffers. I wonder what is sam7
specific in sam7dfu.c, i guess i will merge it in dfu.py
dfu_util.py -> the main program, dfu capable device enumeration, and some

If someone is interested i'm not sure of where to put the files ? idealy
they could end up in a python directory in the dfu_util source tree

Still one thing i would like to know, is how to send commands to the
device in runtime mode.

Xavier