RFC: Putting a "compatible" flag into the Control file and using it

Tick Chen tick at openmoko.com
Thu Aug 7 09:29:26 CEST 2008

Hi Holger,
  I think it's a very good idea. It will solve a lot of problems for many
people.

If we want to add this feature, I want to raise some questions first.

Do you have any idea that if we think distribution A can upgrade to B
but cannot updrade to C.  How do we control this stuff.

Should this information put into Package file or .ipk/.opk file?
What if a repository does not provide any distribution info?
What if a ipk file is suit for multiple distributions?

Cheers,
Tick