Make the .opk as the default file extension

Marek Lindner marek at openmoko.com
Mon Jul 28 18:50:31 CEST 2008

On Tuesday, 29. July 2008 00:36:16 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Sorry, I don't understand that comment. You surely don't want to indicate
> that changing the extension from .ipkg to .opkg has any effect on usability
> whatsoever -- especially given the fact that the 'user' should never see
> any of these extensions anyways.

Sorry, I don't understand your comment. You surely didn't want to indicate
that changing an extension is worth the call for a fork. Probably you wanted
to make it become a better project by sharing your constructive criticism
with us. You are right - we don't need to care about future developers. We
should avoid making it less confusing for them.

Marek