Current Opkg Status

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Mon Mar 10 13:17:58 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 13:08 +0100, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Dnia Monday 10 of March 2008, Thomas Wood napisał:
>
> > It'll probably be worth while removing all the other familiar specific
> > code at some point as part of a clean up.
>
> Few patches from OpenWRT can be also interesting:
>
> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/busybox/patches/524-memory_usage.patch

Is there a summary of this change somewhere? It'd be helpful to know the
details of the patch.

> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/busybox/patches/523-conffiles_fix.patch

Again, I'm not quite sure what the issue was here (i.e. what the patch
was fixing), but I can't see anything wrong from a programming stand
point (although personally I would probably have defined the
"Conffiles:" string globally in that function.

> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/package/busybox/patches/525-clean_temp.patch

I had been meaning to do this myself, as I now have a tmp dir full of
opkg-$foo directories in my chroot!

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/