Is this the SIM card Hardware problem?

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Fri Aug 1 11:17:33 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have just got my Neo Freerunner and am having some difficulties with
my prepaid UK o2 SIM Card. I am unaware whether it is 3G, however it is
quite old, and there wasn't any fuss about it being 3g when i got it so
i suggest not. I have been using it a 3310 for the past 4 years or so.

Anyway to thepoint;

when i run the command at:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FreeRunner_unable_to_work_with_3G_SIM_cards

I get things like this:

root at om-gta02:~# libgsmd-tool -v -m atcmd
libgsm-tool - (C) 2006-2007 by Harald Welte and OpenMoko, Inc.
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

cme error: 100
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313
cme error: 313

Have have tried with several other SIM cards and had considerably more
sucess. The Russian MTS sim cards I tried worked perfectly and though
they have been deactivated by the network, a Vodafone UK and an Orange
UK (prepaid) SIM cards, worked with the messages and contacts
applications to some extent. This is more than the o2 SIM Card.

When I attempt to dial a number with the problematic SIM card I get
"Dialer Error - No Network", no matter whether I am within signal or not....

suggestions?

Tim

--
www.tdobson.net