GPS issue final state?

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Fri Aug 1 15:59:44 CEST 2008

Hi.

Is it possible that one of the OpenMoko team members put up a wiki-page
(probably protected from changes) or something similar,... and provide
there the most recent, official and authoritative information about the
GPS issue?

"Everybody" knows about the two fixes (SW and HW) but a lot of different
information is floating around what they actually do, which of them is
definitely confirmed to work, whether it is suggested to apply both or
only one of them or if only both together can give the best results.

I've subscribed all the ML's and read all posts,.. but I think this is
still not clear.

I can also remember an eMail from (I think) Joerg where he suggested to
not apply the HW fix yet, as it's not yet official.

What's the current state on the HW fix? Did you already negotiate if:
- users should apply it themselves
- this is done by sellers (Pulster, OM Shop, etc.)?
- etc
?

What will happen to the warranties?

Which is the recommended capacitator (I mean which manufacturer, the
type and size is already listed in dozen places,..)?

Would be really nice to have all this in a central and protected
location, where only official OM team members can write to.

Thanks,
Chris.