Neo Freerunner hangs

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sat Aug 2 02:31:28 CEST 2008

Vimal Joseph wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:
>
>> Try holding the power button down for "10 seconds" next time, if that
>> does turn it off then my thoughts would turn towards Glamo-related
>> problems.  Otherwise something even more 'orrible is happening.
>
> I'v erased the nand kernel and nand rootfs and flashed
>  Openmoko-Freerunner-20080424-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
>  uImage-2.6.24+git20080424-om-gta02.bin
>
> Still the same problem. Nothing happens when holding the power button
> for 10 seconds, no response.

If you have a debug board, hook it up and look for some output from
u-boot after you preset the reset button on the debug board.  If it
stops after printing the u-boot version line but before printing the
Glamo identification line, then it's probably the Glamo problem.

See the kernel list for details.

-- Rod