GPS issue final state?

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sat Aug 2 08:37:57 CEST 2008

Russell Sears wrote:
> Michael Shiloh wrote:
>> Any advice appreciated.
>
> I've been tricked a few times by what I think was lucky satellite
> positions (30-120 sec ttff one day, 20 minutes the next).
>
> I don't know how long it typically takes the satellites to move from
> "lucky" to "unlucky", but that probably should be taken into account.
> Also, what about urban environments w/ more reflections, etc.  Should
> people report terrain type?

Terrain type should be included. I'm thinking we need a wiki page. Does
one already exist? It should have a column for terrain.

How to avoid being tricked by "lucky satellite positions"? I guess one
way would be to run the test multiple times. How many times? How long
apart? Perhaps, as you did, twice, one day apart?