infinite pcf50633_irq messages , no X

Zack Mollusc zmollusc at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 3 22:39:13 CEST 2008

Andy Green wrote:

> | pcf50633_irq: entering(irq=53, pcf=c7d34c00): scheduling work
> | pcf50633_work: INT1=0x00 INT2=0x00 INT3=0x40 INT4=0x00 INT5=0x00
> | ADCRDY  <===
>
> Is something sitting polling the voltage on the battery using the old
> ADC / voltage method?
>
> | pcf50633_irq: entering(irq=53, pcf=c7d34c00): scheduling work
> | pcf50633_work: INT1=0x00 INT2=0x00 INT3=0x40 INT4=0x00 INT5=0x00
> | SECOND ADCRDY  <===
>
> Sometimes its a SECOND interrupt too, hum.
>
> | I tried booting the phone without the sim card or the sd card  but the
> | only difference I could see was that it now said pcf=c7d36c00 in the
> | scrolling text.
>
> That can change around, it's just a pointer.
>
> I guess we should just turn off these debugging messages, although
> they're actually interesting to me I doubt it's so interesting for
> everyone. They don't seem to show anything obviously evil.
>
> Another thing you can do is change your loglevel and / or having tty0 as
> a console at all on the kernel commandline.
>
> -Andy
I am happy to try anything, but i can't find a how-to for altering
loglevel or disabling tty0. I don't have a debug board, if that makes
any difference.

If the error messages were suppressed, would i see the x windows screen?
Is the graphical 'desktop' likely to be running, but the lcd display is
tasked away to show the output of tty0?