Freerunner (GTK2007.2) has suddenly become unbootable

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Aug 4 18:53:51 CEST 2008

> Can you elaborate, please, Michael? The instructions at
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Flashing_Openmoko require a working usb
> connection, which I cannot seem to get.

not in the usual sense, ie no networking.
what you need is  a direct connection between the fr and you host computer
(no hub) and dfu-til must recgnize the fr

dfu-util -l

> What operations are required to use the failsafe NOR u-boot?

push and hold aux, puish and hold power -- you should see a menu remotely
resembling grub or lilo.
now do
dfu-util -l
to see, if your fr is visible to dfu-util. if so, proceed with the
flashing as described in the link you posted
for u-boot
dfu-util -a u-boot -R -D /path/to/uboot-gta02v5-latest.bin
for kernel
dfu-util -a kernel -R -D /path/to/uImage
for rootfs
dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D /path/to/rootfsimage