Upgrading u-boot needed ? - Was: Re: "opkg upgrade" breaks USB networking: g_ether module missing

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:55:37 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:
> It turned out the guy was booting his NOR U-Boot and reporting the
> version data from that.  He said his NAND U-Boot version string when he
> did see it was good (ie, had the correct date and git hash).

FWIW, I learned (from the community list I believe) som time ago that
you can use 'grep  Bootloader /dev/mtdblock0' from a shell on the
FreeRunner (and possibly the 1973 as well) to get the u-boot version.
Like this:

root at om-gta02:~# grep  Bootloader /dev/mtdblock0
Neo1973 Bootloader U-Boot 1.3.2-moko12
root at om-gta02:~#

HTH
--