Buzzing sound

Ole Kliemann ole-om-lists-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Tue Aug 5 14:37:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 11:25:56AM +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> | 2008/8/5 Joerg Reisenweber <joerg at openmoko.org>:
> |> Only thing you may try for now is changing GSM-provider, as it seems
> to be
> |> very clear the issue is to be found on some GSM-networks, and not (or
> less)
> |> on some others. Generally the 1800/1900 networks seem to be more
> likely to
> |> cause this problem than the 850/900 networks. For Germany I got reports f
> |> noise only for E+ network (and resellers)
> |
> | My experience on Blau (E+) is that I hear the caller excellently - but
> | the caller complains that buzzing is very bad.
>
> Do they say the buzzing is consistent, or it comes and goes?

For me using Simyo (E+) the far-end buzzing is consistent as long as the phone
lies still. It varies depending on:
	- where you touch the phone
	- in which orientation you hold it
	- whether you move around with the phone

BTW: Near-end buzzing I think is dependent on alsamixer. At least I had
images with only far-end buzzing.