Qtopia post-mortem

Aaron Sowry aaron at aeneby.com
Tue Aug 5 19:12:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have just now flashed my Freerunner with today's uboot and the latest
Qtopia uImage and rootfs available from their website. After flashing it
boots up fine, and I run 'opkg update' followed by 'opkg upgrade' which
results in a lengthy process but seems to complete successfully. After
the upgrade the applications seem to launch fine but the settings result
in the following error (shown by logread while trying to launch the
'appearance' setting):

------------
Aug  5 16:38:36 om-gta02 user.notice Qtopia: /opt/Qtopia/bin/appearance:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by
/opt/Qtopia/lib/libQtSvg.so.4)

...[there are a huge number of these with only the 'required by' file
changing]...

Aug  5 16:38:36 om-gta02 user.notice Qtopia: /opt/Qtopia/bin/appearance:
symbol lookup error: /opt/Qtopia/lib/libqtopia.so.4: undefined symbol:
_ZN17QAbstractItemView14dragEnterEventEP15QDragEnterEvent
------------

After a reboot, everything seems to go fine right up until the point
which the Qtopia GUI tries to load. There it gets stuck with a totally
blank screen except for a blinking cursor in the upper left-hand corner,
red LED on (stays on when USB cable is removed). The screen seems to dim
if left alone for a while, and I can still SSH into the Freerunner in
this state. From the logs:

------------
Aug  5 16:47:11 om-gta02 user.notice Qtopia: qpe:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by
/opt/Qtopia/lib/libQtGui.so.4)
Aug  5 16:47:11 om-gta02 user.notice Qtopia: qpe:
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by
/opt/Qtopia/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4)

Aug  5 16:47:12 om-gta02 user.notice Qtopia: qpe: symbol lookup error:
/opt/Qtopia/lib/libqtopiapim.so.4: undefined symbol:
_ZN11QListWidget9dropEventEP10QDropEvent

Most of these messages repeat themselves ad nauseum - I've seen the 'no
version information' messages before with no apparent side effects, but
the 'undefined symbol' one is new to me. Anyone have any ideas how I
should be troubleshooting this?

Aaron