Buzzing sound

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 5 20:48:33 CEST 2008

Am Mi  6. August 2008 schrieb Andy Green:
> I didn't really get to believe it is specifically radiated RF coupling
> yet, it can still be RF conducted via PSU.  Just something to bear in mind.

Ok, we can not exclude this. Actually it's quite possible. Anyway we need a
decent test under controlled environment (analyze exact level of noise in dB,
at a known PCL), then we easily could tell. There are reports that connecting
an external antenna stopped the noise completely, which would give a cue in
direction radiated RF coupling. Alas nobody approached the external antenna
to the GTA02 to test whether noise starts with this procedure. Also the
absence of noise with ext ant could be a result of better antenna gain
leading to BS leveling down PCL.
You see there are a lot of tests, some of them rather simple, most of them not
even clear wrt their setup, that all need to be done until I leave next week.

cheers
jOERG