Qtopia post-mortem

Aaron Sowry aaron at aeneby.com
Wed Aug 6 09:19:09 CEST 2008

Aaron Sowry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just now flashed my Freerunner with today's [August 5th] uboot and the latest
> Qtopia uImage and rootfs available from their website. After flashing it
> boots up fine, and I run 'opkg update' followed by 'opkg upgrade' which
> results in a lengthy process but seems to complete successfully.
>
> After a reboot, everything seems to go fine right up until the point
> which the Qtopia GUI tries to load....

I'm going to continue this issue under a more descriptive heading
because it is a reproducible bug. Running the qpe process directly
(bypassing the init script which gets stuck in a rather uninformative
infinite loop) results in the following error:

qpe: symbol lookup error: /opt/Qtopia/lib/libqtopiapim.so.4: undefined
symbol: _ZN11QListWidget9dropEventEP10QDropEvent

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and suggest that this seems to
be some kind of ABI breakage caused by an upgrade to some package, but I
have no idea which one. I will peruse the source and see if I can narrow
it down.

In the meantime has anyone done an 'opkg upgrade' on their Qtopia image
recently without it breaking like this? Conversely, has anyone else
experienced the same thing and can confirm it's not just me doing
something dumb?

Aaron