2008.8 : Can receive calls but cannot call

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Fri Aug 8 17:21:03 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 04:34:15PM +0200, Julien Cassignol wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I thought I give a try and install 2008.8. I had a certain number of problems :
>
> 1) Pin isn't asked for each time (4-5 reboots), even if I launch an
> application which needs PIN (dialer).
> 2) Dialer says "No network" on each call, whereas I succesfully entered my PIN.
> 3) I can receive calls, and just after that, I can't call !

I haven't had any of those problems yet, but when I just tried to call
my own landline to check whether I can call from my Freerunner, the
following weird thing happened:

I entered my number in my Freerunner's dialer, clicked "Call", and my
landline phone started ringing. Then I clicked "End call" on the
Freerunner to cancel, but my landline phone kept ringing! It just
wouldn't stop ringing, until I went to the phone and picked up, heard
nothing, and ended the call there.

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,
Thomas

PS: Otherwise, OM2008.8 looks great! Good work!