OM2008.08 - Charging indicator?

Rorschach r0rschach at lavabit.com
Fri Aug 8 20:19:34 CEST 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:46:30 -0500
"Steven **" <montgoss at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I tell/make sure my Freerunner is actually charging?
> There is what appears to be a lightning bolt in the top right corner,
> but that's there whether it's plugged in or not.

This icon seems to be useless at the moment. Something is broken with the battery-driver just take a look at the dmesg it's full of errors because of that. The only way I'm aware of for the moment to check how fulle your battery is, is:

cat /sys/devices/platform/bq2700-battery.0/power_supply/bat/capacity

which shows the percentage of how much it's loaded.

> And, since it goes into suspend after a short timeout (30 seconds?),
> does it continue to charge during suspend?

No ideo about that sorry.