2008.8 - how to get wifi connection

digger vermont dv_mlist at verizon.net
Fri Aug 8 22:54:19 CEST 2008

Okay I give up.  I can't figure out how to get a wifi connection in
2008.8

In settings -> wifi I've tried selecting an open network and nothing
seem to happen.

If I try an network encrypted with wpa I get a dialog to enter a
password.  It's pretty difficult to key in a long pass-phrase so I tried
entering a random string.  after I press OK I again get no indication
that it is trying to connect.

Looking around I found a configuration file,
var/lib/connman/xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx.conf

-------------------------------
[Config]
Policy=auto
LastNetwork=loosE

[loosE]
PSK=

It looks simple enough.  I tried manually adding the wpa pass-phrase at
"PSK="   I tried both the alphanumeric pass-phrase and also the hex
version of it.  Also with and without quotes. But that didn't seem to
have any effect.

Is there something I'm missing? Anything else I can try?  Is there a
link to how connmand works?  If not I'll make up a ticket.

Thanks,

digger