Alternate Keyboard(s) on 2008.8

Clare claregj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 04:28:43 CEST 2008

Peter there is a good keyboard in the Milestone 2.
If using it you need to press the little triangle to get home then the
terminal icon then qwerty(top left) then the icon top right of the
keyboard
which offers "full-qwerty", at this point you have all the characters
you need, no prediction and somewhere to type them.

The letters jumping up is distracting, and the black background,
though elegant, makes the stylus hard to see in poor light.
Nonetheless the FSO is so good that I am now preferring it. Another
couple of Milestones and it will be really nice. At that point
apparently there are plans to clutter it with changes. (See thread in
Community list "FSO: is zhone here to stay?" )
FSO is apparently only semi-official.

Debian also has a good keyboard named xvkbd which has all you want,
has facilities for a number of changes including charactersets at user
level. Debian I think will be good for GTA01 after it gets a few more
changes. I use it now as a dual boot alongside FSO, have not yet added
phone capability.

clare.