QTOPIA wifi setup for wpa2

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Sun Aug 10 03:29:47 CEST 2008

Jim Morris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been playing with the GUI for setting up wifi in the latest trolltechs Qtopia build.
>
> It sees my network, but there seems no way to setup wpa2 or enter a password. Am I missing
> something, or has that not been implemented yet?

It isn't very intuitive.
Once you have done WLAN detection->Options->Add new networks (scans for
networks) <select the network you want>.
You have to go back into the main internet settings window and select
Options->Properties->Wireless Encryption->select the network you want to
connect to. From there you can configure which encryption and
password/phrase.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company