QTOPIA wifi setup for wpa2

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 10 07:48:01 CEST 2008

FYI

I have looked into how Qtopia is using WPA_SUPPLICANT and I don't think that technique will work.

I can get a WPA connection only if I put this in the /etc/networks/interfaces file.

iface eth0 inet dhcp
   wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

The technique of running wpa_supplicant from the command line never worked for me, and that seems to
be the technique used by the script.

I hope I am wrong, but playing with it just now I never got it to connect, whereas doing a simple
ifup eth0 with the above setting in interfaces does work right now.

Thanks
Jim

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com