"Getting Started page for freerunner" rewrite for 2008.8 ? - Re: Keyboard guide

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Sun Aug 10 19:29:12 CEST 2008

"Quentin Hartman" <qhartman at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 4:23 AM, Sjors Provoost <sjors at sprovoost.nl> wrote:
>>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.8_Keyboard
>>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8_Guide
>
> Wow. This information needs to be featured PROMINENTLY, both in the
> software itself and in the getting started section of the wiki.

This reminds me I've added a link to 2008.8 into :
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner#Testing_a_new_distribution

Now, if users are to use 2008.8 and no longer 2007.2, well, docs need
to be improved indeed.

I think it may be good to take the same template as
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Getting_Started_with_your_Neo_FreeRunner
and write one new for 2008.8 maybe, which would start by flashing
instructions ? ... and of course it would be much more user-friendly
than http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8 is at the moment.

But hey, it's a wiki, go write yourself ;) or wait until OM employees
recover from the weekend (and last friday), and start adding customer
oriented content ? ;-) ... we're just 2 days after the release, after
all :-)

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER