QTOPIA wifi setup for wpa2

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Sun Aug 10 20:45:20 CEST 2008

Jim Morris wrote:
> FYI
>
> I have looked into how Qtopia is using WPA_SUPPLICANT and I don't think that technique will work.
>
> I can get a WPA connection only if I put this in the /etc/networks/interfaces file.
>
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> The technique of running wpa_supplicant from the command line never worked for me, and that seems to
> be the technique used by the script.
>
> I hope I am wrong, but playing with it just now I never got it to connect, whereas doing a simple
> ifup eth0 with the above setting in interfaces does work right now.

Could you try this? Create a configuration using the Qtopia internet
settings. edit your interfaces file like this:

  iface eth0 inet dhcp
     wpa-conf /var/lib/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

can you connect using ifup eth0?

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company