2008.8 Turn off keyboard 'guessing'??

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Sun Aug 10 21:31:17 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 11:51:09AM -0600, B wrote:
> Ok, I'm starting to figure out the new keyboard a little, now I can
> backspace and 'forwardspace'.  But right now I'm wanting to type an URL
> in to the web browser, that doesn't seem to be possible with the
> predictive behavior.  I'd like to turn that off, is there a way to do
> that?  If I get the terminal installed too I would think it would also
> be unworkable with prediction.

AFAIK you can't turn it off completely, but you can override it for
single letters by holding the letter for more than 1 or 2 seconds:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2008.8_Keyboard#Keyboard_Zoom

This wasn't really mentioned in the wiki before, so I added a hint on
this here:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om_2008.8_Guide

HTH,
Thomas