gta02, 2007.2: frequent wakeups -- creating workaround

Thomas B. tommy.b at gmx.net
Mon Aug 11 15:21:21 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:14:10PM +0200, arne anka wrote:
> i logged the resume_reason for the past days and all undesired wakeups are
> caused by EINT01_GSM -- as expected.
> so, i'd like to catch that events and send the phone back to sleep
> immediately.
> but, and it's a big but, EINT01_GSM is triggered even when a call comes in
> (and probably an sms, too). so it's not sufficient.

Another idea: While poking through the Qtopia source code, I found
something that might be interesting. Upon suspend, Qtopia sends commands
to the modem to disable notifications about cell broadcasts, signal
quality, etc. Upon wakeup the settings are restored. If you want to see
how this is done, you can look here, for example:

http://git.openmoko.org/?p=qtopia.git;a=blob;f=devices/ficgta01/src/plugins/phonevendors/ficgta01/vendor_ficgta01.cpp;hb=HEAD#l603

I don't know whether OM2007.2 does something similar at the moment (I
haven't looked), but if it doesn't then adding it might help.

Regards,
Thomas