Using gmail with qtopia?

Joerg Lippmann jl_lists at donalbain.de
Mon Aug 11 22:22:48 CEST 2008

Hi!

Has anyone successfully managed to send or receive pop and smtp email via
gmail (googlemail) using qtopia (version from 2008-08-09)?

I have set it up as POP, pop.googlemail.com (German gmail-domain) and port
995. There doesn't seem to be a working button for security settings. For
SMTP I used smtp.googlemail.com and port 465.

In both cases (send or receive) the connection times out after a while. I have
checked both network and DNS settings. All seem ok.

Any ideas?
--
jörg at home